Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sir Darby's book is live!

At last! The tiniest papillon in the house can stop nipping at my heels. I have fulfilled my promise and he has his own book. Sir Darby: Another Sensitive Dog is live on Amazon and B&N.


I thank Sandra Edwards for the lovely design. The photo was the result of me lying on the floor for an hour, waiting for Darby to get used to the sight and sound of the camera so I might photograph him at the perfect moment. Yes, those ears are real. They are not photoshopped. This is the face that convinces complete strangers that they need a papillon in their lives.

As for me, I am very fortunate to have two papillons in my life. I still can't figure out how two dogs can be the same breed and even share a breeding history (they are cousins), yet be so totally different from one another. I guess it's a lot like kids. Two kids can have the same parents and still turn out like night and day.

Darby is my little Mr. Independent at home. But whenever we are out in public, he wants Mama to pick him up and cuddle him. At home, I'm lucky if he listens to single command. Oh, sorry, Darby. I meant "request." In dog class, he can't wait to show off his skills. In the performance ring, he gets stage fright. Never a dull moment.

Despite all the classes and training and dog shows, our favorite moments together happen at bed time. Darby is my cuddle bunny. He sleeps on the bed, snuggled against me. Darby, the tiniest guard dog ever, watches over me while I sleep.

What wonderful things do your dogs do for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment