Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Next Big Thing

I've been invited by Susan Winters to participate in The Next Big Thing and share some information about my work in progress. 

What is the working title of your book?

The Wedding Hazard!

Where did the idea come from? What genre is your book?

I love writing marriage of convenience stories. The fantasy of finding true love through a contrived marriage has always appealed to me. Last fall, I published my first effort in this area of romance, which I enjoyed reading but never knew I could write. My other novels are romantic suspense, sweet romance mixed with cozy mystery, and cozy mystery based on two of my romance characters. So was I ever surprised when a dear friend challenged me to write a marriage of convenience! I loved it!!! That was The Wedding Wager, the cover of which you see all over my blog. :-)  In writing that novel, I invented a cute little Colorado town and named it Eagle's Toe. And I began thinking about other marriage of convenience stories and how the couple could end up in my little town. Next thing you know, I was writing The Wedding Hazard.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Ashley turns to Thor Security for help when her mother goes missing, finds the perfect bodyguard, the love of her life, and learns that every family has a little craziness in it, and if you're lucky, a whole lot of love to balance it out.

That's a very long sentence, but it's the best I can do at midnight! 

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

I am a proud indie publisher. My books go through a stringent editing, proofreading, and formatting process to make them as perfect as possible. 

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

Four months. From conception to publication, probably five and a half months. The last six weeks are editing, proofing, and formatting.

 For a look at all my available titles, check out my website:  http://www.reginaduke.com

Look for The Wedding Hazard on Amazon in mid-February! 

For information about indie publishing, check out The Business Rusch (in the sidebar). 

Thanks for stopping by!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment